Want to appear in a future YEAR IN THE CITY calendar? Show me by reenacting any calendar scene – past or present – with friends or family “standing in” for the illustrated characters! Every three months, I’ll pick a winner!
Here are the rules:
- Take a staged photo of any A YEAR IN THE CITY image, using as many people and props as you want. (You can find all images here!)
- Send me your entries via Facebook Messaging (@A Year in the City).
- Enter as often as you like, with as many backdrops as you like! Winners will be selected on September 22, 2021 and quarterly thereafter. All non-winning entries will be carried into the next quarter for consideration in future contests.
- All entrants and photographed parties agree to allow A YEAR IN THE CITY to post their photos online.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win.
Quarterly winners get:
- A high-quality “You’re in the City” thermal travel mug
- A spot in a future YEAR IN THE CITY calendar, beginning 2023 (Month, year, and pose to be determined.)
- A FREE copy of A YEAR IN THE CITY calendar with your featured cameo!
- Entries will be judged on creativity! Consider doing a twist on a favorite scene, such as sledding Art Hill in the summer or having favorite pets play the parts of the people! This is all about fun!
- Entries will not be judged on the quality of the photo. Take ‘em with your phone!
- Characters and pets need not be the same age, gender, or breed as shown in A YEAR IN THE CITY illustrations.
- A YEAR IN THE CITY is a multi-generational product. Any photo deemed inappropriate will not be considered. Please, keep it clean.